Acne is a mysterious skin disorder, but one thing is for sure – it can be controlled with the right combination of products, used in the correct way. Just as in a clogged drain, the pore must be treated with products that unclog it and kill the acne bacteria.
Our Trained Acne Specialist has a clear-skin system that will have your acne under control in about three to four months, depending on your type of acne. We combine the power of clinical-grade products that are customized for your type of acne, with a series of bi-monthly treatments. We also teach you about other aggravating factors that make you break out – foods, medications, cosmetics, stress, and common ingredients in skin care formulations that might be clogging your pores (even professional and prescription products).
As you go through your process of achieving clear skin on your face and/or body, you will want to come in for treatments every two weeks. Treatments are for:
- exfoliating the skin so that home care product can penetrate the pore more easily; or,
- hydrating the skin so that the skin is receptive to your home-care regimen
- extracting existing acne impactions
- killing acne bacteria inside the pore. Each acne treatment is specifically focused on what the skin needs at the time of treatment. Sometimes the skin will need more hydration, other times it will need more anti-bacterial and/or anti-inflammatory action.
How We Are Different!
The most important aspect of our system is not just starting you with the right products, but we teach you how to use them. We test your skin to make sure you are getting the the most effective products for your acne type, skin type, and skin tolerance. It won’t be enough just to have the right products – it’s all about having the right routine for those products. You will learn how to use products slowly at first, so that your skin stays receptive without causing irritation or dehydration. But skin can become accustomed to products and then become less effective over time – that is why we will adjust your regimen little by little, to get rid of your acne.
- We know that you are used to getting a prescription or products from the store, and then are left trying to figure it out all on your own. Your Acne Specialist will help you tackle your acne head on, providing strong products with a specific regimen and a balanced approach that is not overly harsh. In-office treatments speed the process, but with our support, our clients find their acne clears up within a few months.Your esthetician will analyze your skin at the beginning of every appointment to assess which treatment would serve you best. Treatments are performed every two weeks until your skin clears.
Disclaimer: Your results may vary. Results take time and depend on adherence to the whole program. Results typically take 3-4 months, but could take longer. Your skin is worth the time and effort.